LOCATIONCnr Lechlade Ave and Williams Road, South Yarra
OPENING HOURSGardens are open to the public 7 days a week, House museum is open every weekend for tours between 10.30 and 3.30.
Situated above the Yarra River in South Yarra, This time-capsule of Melbourne aristocracy spans a century from the Gold Rush era through two World Wars. Built in 1847, Como House offers a glimpse into the privileged lifestyle of former owners, the Armytage family, who lived there for nearly a century. Como's rooms are still furnished with Armytage family heirlooms and even the servant’s areas, kitchen and laundry have been preserved. The house features an extensive display of items from the Como collection including furniture, artworks, oddities and accessories.